Virtual Backpack Submissions
District 13 is going “green” by launching a new approach to distributing information from non-profit organizations, intergovernmental agencies and business partners which has been previously approved to share with our students and their families.
Rather than sending flyers via newsletters, we will be posting such information on the District 13 Virtual Backpack webpage for all to see.
Groups wishing to submit information to be posted must do so electronically by emailing a completed VB Flyer Request Form and a PDF of the flyer to Shannon Zinner ([email protected]) at the district office at least ten days in advance of the desired posting date.
Prior to submitting, please read details regarding our distribution guidelines. Materials posted on the Virtual Backpack page are the responsibility of the organization represented, and endorsement by District 13 is neither direct nor implied.
Virtual Backpack Guidelines
DISTRIBUTION OF ALL MATERIALS MUST BE APPROVED THROUGH:
Dr. Jon Bartelt, Superintendent
PDF forwarded to:
The following criteria will apply to all materials submitted for online distribution:
- Only community organizations that are non-profit or not-for-profit will be allowed to post materials on the District 13 Virtual Backpack web site. An organization may be asked to submit a rationale for seeking permission to distribute materials.
- All activities or information must be appropriate for students. Activities should relate to a school function, event or purpose, or relate to an agency that offers widely appealing recreational program options for students.
- Activities should not conflict with school-supported efforts already in effect.
- Activities should accommodate a community-wide need and must be significant for the portion of the population served by the boundaries of District 13.
- Application should be made ten days prior to the distribution date and one copy of the proposed announcement must accompany the VB Backpack Request Form.
- An organization should attempt to limit their requests to one per month.
- The District will not endorse anything that requires fund-raising or solicitation for membership in local service organizations.
- If the request for flyer distribution is building/grade/gender specific, please notify when sending in request.
- All flyer requests must be submitted in a PDF format to: [email protected] Once it has been approved the requester will be notified.
NOTE: Materials are posted for informational purposes only. This does not imply District 13’s endorsement of them.